• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's the carpet

This is the best I got lol. My angelfish loves this spot.

deb20712ffd373d6f8f3e7584229f357.jpg

I wish I could get it like his.

To clarify this is a picture of my angels fishes grazing spot. He LOVES this spot. So I always leave it alone. When I clean the algae from the rest of the tank :( . If it all looked like this I would leave it all.

I have an angel I need to rehome, he's constantly uprooting my Eleocharis mini.

I've come across this video a few times this week on facebook, it does look nice.

What size is he? :)

This clado attaches to about everything, i've brought it home from the lfs, it came unintentionaly with some fish, little flufs of this algae attached to grains of substrate. If you look close to the tanks the lfs keeps these balls in or if the have some balls of this in fish tanks, wont take that long before you notice much more of it around. Once it gets going it grows faster than any plant.. In earlier times, i mean way before internet, when mosses weren't yet realy that popular nor much available in lfs this algae was one of the only alternatives. I used it a lot to cover up dug in terracotta pots which i used as hide out nests for the cichlids.. :) In those times algae control had a different approach and the beauty of some algae sp. was more in trend then today.

Today trend is..
165e1065b50f2d61693d117787fe1c56aa24d68dd4930eeeafe8c202542abf95.jpg

Last edited:
This clado attaches to about everything, i've brought it home from the lfs, it came unintentionaly with some fish, little flufs of this algae attached to grains of substrate. If you look close to the tanks the lfs keeps these balls in or if the have some balls of this in fish tanks, wont take that long before you notice much more of it around. Once it gets going it grows faster than any plant.. In earlier times, i mean way before internet, when mosses weren't yet realy that popular nor much available in lfs this algae was one of the only alternatives. I used it a lot to cover up dug in terracotta pots which i used as hide out nests for the cichlids.. :) In those times algae control had a different approach and the beauty of some algae sp. was more in trend then today.

Today trend is..
165e1065b50f2d61693d117787fe1c56aa24d68dd4930eeeafe8c202542abf95.jpg

I like some algae...then algae takes things too far!

:lol:

Back