• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Whats best?

RudeDogg1

Im after a nice moss or a good coverage plant that will attach its self to a terracta dwarf cichlid hide. Its texture is rough so something should be able to attach ok after a while. It needs to be ok with T8 lighting

Rudi

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
Christmas moss (Vesicularia montagnei) is ideal for this, it is a really good self clinger, details here: <http://www.aquamoss.net/Christmas-Moss/Christmas-Moss.htm>. If you have some moss, and you aren't sure whether it is a Taxiphyllum or Vesicularia sp., Vesicularia spp. are much stiffer and feel slightly spiky, rather than really soft to the touch like a Taxiphyllum spp. Fissidens is another good self-clinger once it gets going.

cheers Darrel

RudeDogg1

Cheers fella, I'll have to see if I can get hold of some will the hairnet method work with it? Or is there a better way to get it to attach? It is T8 friendly I take it?

Rudi

nayr88

Hello mate, I would stay away from hairnets as I've heard stories of fish getting caught in them. I used fishing line and its invisible to the eye :)

As Darrel mentions I'd go for xmas moss too.

Johno2090

I use superglue. Give it 5 mins to dry and your sorted. That is as long as you can take whatever you want it attached to out of the tank.