• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What type of terrestial moss is this?

Sarpijk

Hi guys, I have collected this interesting looking moss. It was growing in wet conditions on the banks of a local river.
IMG_20211127_133454.jpg
IMG_20211127_133514.jpg

I'm not very good at mosses, but I would guess some kind of Plagiomnium (maybe affine?). I have had similar species do well indoors with, reasonable humidity, and they can form a nice "lawn" in a flower pot that get watered frequently.

I'm not very good at mosses, but I would guess some kind of Plagiomnium (maybe affine?). I have had similar species do well indoors with, reasonable humidity, and they can form a nice "lawn" in a flower pot that get watered frequently.
It does look like it! Thanks! I had no idea. The only thing that came to mind was Fontinalis Antipyretica but this is not terrestial.

I have collected it to be used in a paludarium.

Hi guys! Happy holidays!

The moss(?) after some initial melting has started growing looking a little different. I like the small leaves!
What do you think? Is it a Plagiomnium affine or sth else?

2kvhYL7.jpg

AokF4pX.jpg

Thanks! The difference between the one I collected and the way it currently looks is very interesting!

Back