• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What sump pump

nduli

Guys

Any recommendations on a sump return pump for my sig 900?
I want something as quiet as possible as its in the lounge.

I've done some looking on the salty sites and they suggest a few and wondered if anyone has any experiences of them

Eheim 3000 compact
Newa new jet nj1700 or nj2300
Tmc v2 1500

Another option you could look at is the JECOD DCT series Pumps - DCT4000.
I've been using this for the last 9 months with no problems so far in my sump on the same size tank as you have. Very quiet and has 10 speed settings, not that you will use the highest setting, but its nice to know you have the option in the future

You wont get a more reliable or quiet pump than a Grundfos central heating pump with a Aquaturn conversion.
They seem to last about 15-20 years, have three power setting, you can only hear them hum on the high setting (about 4000 lph) on the lower settings they are silent. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aqua-Turn...s-Koi-Pond-Filter-Water-Feature-/271768529578

foxfish - like the idea. I have a grundfos in the airing cupboard, think the missus will miss central heating for a few months? ;)

Another option you could look at is the JECOD DCT series Pumps - DCT4000.
I've been using this for the last 9 months with no problems so far in my sump on the same size tank as you have. Very quiet and has 10 speed settings, not that you will use the highest setting, but its nice to know you have the option in the future

Mark great input thanks. I will take a look. not sure I need 4000 looks like the 2000 will do me just fine and its consumption is 13w less than the newajet and it pumps more. I like the idea of the controller but just another thing that could break?

Back