• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What species of apple snail?

nathanaldo07

I am hoping to buy these snails from somebody online but am just wondering what species of apple snails they are.

I own some apple snails currently which i presume are Pomocea Bridgesii however they just don't really look the same when looking at the siphon part, it looks somewhat dark in the images and my ones have a completely white/yellow one.

The seller also has told me that they have eaten some of her plants, which I cannot tell if this is because this species eats plants or if her plants were already dying/decaying and the snails were just eating dead plant matter like most other snails.

I may just be worrying over nothing but thought id better be safe than sorry.

The images are the images provided by the seller on the listing so are all I have to go by.

apple snail 1.jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

I have just also recieved some images, from the seller, of the eggs. They appear to be the usual colour of just the regular mystery snail species' eggs (Pomacea bridgesii) but I am no expert.

s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg

Back