• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Should I Do?

RudeDogg1

This plant keeps flowering and sending out loads of runners should i just let it floer or trim the floers back?

its the wavey leafed one
flower2.jpg

flower.jpg

just leave em if you want, if they are bothering you snip em off at the base, you can trim and plant the runners too, but make sure you have atleast 2 leaves to a runner before you replant.

the floaters look great m8 :) mine are spreading now.

Looks like an Aponogeton crispus, had quite a few of those in my low tech setup and like you have found out they constantly flowered. I personally removed the flowers most of the time, its up to you though. You fertilize the flower by brushing it with a small paint brush or by dipping it under water to release all the pollen and eventually it will produce large seeds which will fall off. You can then plant the seeds in the gravel , I grew a couple by doing this before they grew too big for my tank and give them to my sister.

Back