• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What rocks are neutral?

I've got a feeling dragon stone is ok. Will you be remineralising the RO or cutting with tap water?

Nice :)

Dragon stone is really reeeeaaally nice, you an get some air size chunks of it too, and it's easy to manipulate and break bits of to get nice shapes.

ADA Manten stone, is really nice. With shades of purple and green, you know when you see oil in puddles? Them deep rich colours, thats the colours in the manten stone.

I love it.

It also oozes wealth :rolleyes:

ADA Manten stone, is really nice. With shades of purple and green, you know when you see oil in puddles? Them deep rich colours, thats the colours in the manten stone.

I love it.

It also oozes wealth :rolleyes:
Ask nath how much it was... :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,
If you go for really hard rocks/pebbles from a builders merchant etc, you should be all right even if they are carboniferous limestone. Just take a 6" nail or nail file with you and try and scratch the ones you like the colour of.
red igneous rocks
Any igneous rock should be all right, if you avoid ones with obvious veins of iron pyrites (Fool's gold). Most dark coloured rocks will also be OK, as limestones are normally in the white, pale grey, cream colour range. Of the light coloured rock, any with obvious quartz crystals will also be OK, and you can get some really nice pebbles of granite for a light look, or gabbro for darker colours. Beaches are always a good source, as the majority of pebbles will be silica based, as they are much more resistant to wear, and over time the softer rocks are eroded away leaving the harder quartz based ones to accumulate.

Softer rocks you need to scrape some fragments from and then apply an acid to them, HCl is best, but spirit vinegar will do. Assuming they don't bubble they are OK.

cheers Darrel

He's gone all 'karate kid' on you Danny!

Back