• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What output pressure should I be using ?

tubamanandy

What output pressure should I be using with a Rex Grigg style external CO2 reactor ?

I'm guessing it should be a bit lower that what you would use for say an inline diffuser or pollen type diffuser as it doesnt have a ceramic disc to push the CO2 through

About 10 PSI is the minimum for me. But I still prefer 20-25 PSI. It seems the pressure in the reactor (at least mine) is varied between the begining and the end of injection period. A higher output pressure helps make the bubble rate more stable.

As said, those inline external or internal venturi reactors don't need a high working pressure because the bubbles are chopped up by water movement or an impeller.

The optimal performance of most regulators are around the 25 - 90% mark of their maximum working pressure so that's where you should be looking at if your regulator allows you to tweak that. I suppose the range is so wide because most decent regulators should be able to maintain a constant flow around that range easily.

My Concoa's maximum is 50psi and my working pressure is set to about 21psi. With my external inline reactor, I definitely don't need such a high pressure but theoretically, the regulator's happy at that range so that's how it's set. :)

Back