• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What other hobby's do you have?

Wow your pepper green house is awesome! I would love to something like that once I'm don't renting. For now I have to make do with a couple of sub irrigated planters on my patio.

Sadly, I got very little yield this year. Looks like my plants were hit with blight or a similar disease. So next year I will have to probably bleach the planters and replace the soil.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I love cooking for people, here I am searing steak at 550c on my rocket stove (tonight in fact)
0520F0BE-E0B2-4413-8E68-BE16F4E474A4.jpeg

I love cooking for people, here I am searing steak at 550c on my rocket stove (tonight in fact)
View attachment 177516

Love these posts @foxfish

In my mind you’re like some truly wonderful mythical bearded phantasm feeding the masses in a far away land…

I mean how the hell do you process this comment:

here I am searing steak at 550c on my rocket stove

Awesome 😂

Keep up the good work bud! Stay magical 😉

Got any favourite varieties or recipes you would be happy to share?
Better be careful as I toggle from fish bore to chilli bore very, very easily...
Definitely have favourites. From the superhots, I like Seven Pots, although Trinidad scorpions and Carolina Reapers look fantastically evil - they scream "handle with care" from a distance! In the more sane heat range Ecuadorian Devil's Breath are slightly milder than Habaneros, Pusa Jwala are the classic Indian finger chilli, and Hungarian hot wax are slightly milder than Jalapeños and terrific stuffed and grilled on the Barbie. All of those crop pretty consistently, or at least they have for us. Chocolate Habaneros and Fatalii peppers are both great if you want something pretty hot but not up there with the Superhots.
When it comes to sauces happy to pm over some recipes. I've learned through hard-won experience that it's easy to make a ridiculously hot sauce, but much harder to make a pretty hot one!
Cheers,
Simon

Burnt brussel kebabs are a huge success around my way!
Honesty, I cant cook enough of them most of the time but we do get the odd hater!
Chestnuts too, they are popular but it has taken me years to find a reliable way to cook them.
794C4BAA-753A-46FD-896C-947657754EEF.jpeg

Burnt brussel kebabs are a huge success around my way!
Honesty, I cant cook enough of them most of the time but we do get the odd hater!
Chestnuts too, they are popular but it has taken me years to find a reliable way to cook them.
View attachment 177608
I cant stand brussels they are so bitter! Maybe as i get older i might like them as everyone i know that likes brussels is of a certain age, i always cook my foraged chestnuts in a dry cast iron skillet in the oven.

Sent from my BV5500Plus using Tapatalk

I cant stand brussels they are so bitter! Maybe as i get older i might like them as everyone i know that likes brussels is of a certain age

Sent from my BV5500Plus using Tapatalk

I used to hate them too for the same reason and still tasted them each burp hours later... But my mom always made way too much and gave everybody a plate full of it. Hadn't eaten them for decades after leaving home... But not that long ago I found one in a mixed vegetable dish and it was a lot sweeter than I remembered. Then somebody told me Brussels indeed are a lot sweeter nowadays and they are cultivating another improved milder tasting variety... I didn't ask the name, because I'm still suffering from Brussels PTSS and not planning to buy and eat a kilo, but in a mixed dish, I could appreciate one or two in it nowadays.

How do you cook them? I have half neighbours Chestnut over the garden and each fall bombarded with them, too much to eat. But giving them a cross-cut, a dot of garlic butter on top and roasting them in the oven taste pretty good. :)

Back