• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What nutrient deficiency?

Jaap

Hi

What nutrient deficiency if any do this plants have?

cad199b5b5dabac19dd5255669338421.jpg

Thanks

Pressurized co2 and estimative index....tmc grobeam 600 at 30% 55cm from substrate

Same reason as in your journal jaap, for as long as your plants melt, drop leaves and don't grow it's a safe bet that that there is too much light for the available co2.
I have the same issue with stauro at the moment, I have adjusted injection, added a powerhead to increase flow and healthy new growth is just about starting to show.
Even after you improve these things it can take a week or two for the plant to recover and show signs of growth.
You have to be patient with changes otherwise your chasing a ghost.

Just to add, I'm pretty sure I can count on two hands over the last 4 years the amount of problems that required solving with nutrients aside carbon.

Same reason as in your journal jaap, for as long as your plants melt, drop leaves and don't grow it's a safe bet that that there is too much light for the available co2.
I have the same issue with stauro at the moment, I have adjusted injection, added a powerhead to increase flow and healthy new growth is just about starting to show.
Even after you improve these things it can take a week or two for the plant to recover and show signs of growth.
You have to be patient with changes otherwise your chasing a ghost.

Just to add, I'm pretty sure I can count on two hands over the last 4 years the amount of problems that required solving with nutrients aside carbon.
So its not a nutrient deficiency?

Of all the things growing in my tank stauro has been the last to respond to an increased injection rate. It's response is to bush out green up and remain squat. Under poorer co2 it grew leggy and had pale leaves, a bit like yours.

Back