• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Non fish foods do you Feed your Fish/Shrimp/Snails

Gill

So whenever I am having Breakfast- Toast. I always feed the crumbs to the fish, well the guppies always get to it 1st .
And Treat the Shrimp/Snails to the odd peice of Bread.

What else do you guys feed.

The obvious one is prawns either whole for larger fish or finely chopped for smaller stuff

Stinging nettles

Liver for big predators they love it raw n bloody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cucumber, courgettes and green beans are good for plecs and loaches. I've seen people use potato, apple, mangos and more but not personally delved into them.

I do add pieces of wood/sticks/bark from safe tree species like oak or fruit wood, as it's great for plec who need wood and shrimps love it. Various leaves are also great like oak, beech etc and as mentioned above stinging nettles and their pollen is welcomed by shrimps.

I feed my koi. Orfs rudd tench. Queni protein jap mix pellets. For treats. Lettuce . White bread. Sugar puffs . Cheerios. Honey on bread.
Honey ham. Peas. Corn of the cob.
Queni Shrimp. Muscles.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sugar Puffs and Rice Krispies, had forgotten about them. My goldfish used to love Cornflakes as a snack.
Amazing gill what they eat. My fish out side in the pond got there first feed today since end of october. Just a sprinkle of wheat germ
Nice and small and little to start with for the month. So the bio mass. In the filters start to generate and catch up. Then mid april sugar puffs cheerios . And all that. Then increase to larger feeds and more in a 24 hour period.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

my koi also like oranges cut into cubes. only problem being. is when the peel goes down the bottom drain. the peel ends up in my rotary drum.
it could damage it. so now when i give them oranges they have the peel took off. there is no fun in that though. as they love to strip it off them selfs
haha fun to watch. vitamin c is good for them.

dscf7048-jpg.jpg

Your fish is a savage!

Black neons are indeed, they are actualy the only fish i have taking on and trying to shred house flies and extremely bold fish for their size. Even the gold fish don't bother looking at flies, but they seem to be delicious for black neon tetras.

Back