• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What is this ? what type is it ?

ozanyavuz

Seedling
Hi all,

Materials used in the base and filter: ADA amazonia 9l x2 Ada Amazonia Powder, Ada Power Sand Special S. Filter JBL E401, Substrate sera sporax.
Lighting : Ada Aquasky 601

The tank was set for 15 days.
I water change 50% once per week, and i'm always running CO2.
2 ml of excel every 3 days. I add 4 ml of potassium in water changes.The capacity of my tank is 63 liters.
The lights are on for six hours a day. It started on the rocks and spread to the plants. I don't understand what the problem with this tank is?

I do not know what I did wrong or what I did right.
Do you help me with the lighting co2 time and how to solve the problem?

Thanks for interest.

Looks like nothing wrong but diatom algae, is quite common in new setup aquariums.. It will go away on it's own while aquarium slowly matures. It can hold on for several weeks even months, i had it for 3 or 4 months driving me crazy.. It probably depends on what hardscape materials and or substrate is used. Diatoms have a sceleton buildup from silicates. If a substarte of rock is used that leaches silicates into the water column it will favor this algae to grow as long it is leaching this. At one point the diatoms will consume all this stuff and disappear by themself.. Just keep up the regular water changes and syphon this stuff out, using a small bend paintbrush to gently brush it off the rocks and plants. It will come off very easy and you can syphon it out. it probably be back with in hours. :)

But as said thats a good thing it helps to get the stuf out it lives off.. Once it is gone it will never return.. :)

Here you still see it on the background plants (crypt).. Is from a year ago when the tank was 2 to 3 months old at the time this video was made.

Last edited:
Back