• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what is this? Is it a algea? or Bacteria?

cglrngr

Seedling
Hello All,

I have a problem with the aquarium.

The organism whose images and videos I shared in the attachment covers my entire aquarium. What is this? It multiplies in the filter and spreads throughout the aquarium. Its structure is like snot, like sperm, and it slows down the functioning of the filter. Does anyone have information on this subject?
9b20e3b7-b94e-4fc2-8079-667791a37f00.jpg
6ef679ac-8760-46c6-a9d2-77782e1c3dc5.jpg

Did you feed your fish too much? Looks like a bacterial problem to me as well. You can use a UV filter.

Did you feed your fish too much? Looks like a bacterial problem to me as well. You can use a UV filter.
I do not live alive in the aquarium where I shared this image and I feed very little in my other aquariums.

I think we need a lot more information about your tank, filter, fish, feeding, maintenance etc.

Hi
This bacteria is similar to the white film that grows on wood added to an aquarium.
Usually a combination of a New Set - Up Aquarium/Immature and unhappy plants!
Clean off the scum/film and do extra water changes a tad more surface agitation will help and it should disappear eventually.
hoggie

Hi @cglrngr

I think what you are seeing in your tank may be water mould/mold. It often grows on wood as @GHNelson mentioned above. You may want to take a look at these links for more information:

JPC
hi @jaypeecee,

This is very different water mould/mold.

I found another aquarium with a similar problem, but there is no evidence of its cause.

Best,

Back