• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what is this green and pink plant?

Dogtemple

sorry I didn't get a photo as I thought this was a common plant, but I saw a bunch of these plants in the pet section of a garden centre yesterday which looked a bit like Java fern or some sword shaped type plant, was green with bright pinky/purple edges.

I've looked for ages and can't ID it. does anyone know what it might be? It wasn't labeled in the shop...

Probably a non-aquatict plant like a Cordyline...or might be Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'

1620601779444.png

Also known as HP "Sunset". The white veins are caused by viral mutation, but over time, the variegation will revert to green if it is not selectively preserved.

Last edited:
Hi all,
yup, thats the stuff. surprised they can get away with doing that. how shady
Unfortunately it has been a <"long running thread on this forum">.
No, it honestly isn't your fault, surely it isn't too much to expect that a plant sold for an aquarium will actually grow underwater?

Have a look at the <"Tropica"> easy selection and at Aquarium Gardens and Aqua Essentials as plant sellers. They are all <"forum sponsors">.
If you search for Dracaena, Cordyline, Fittonia, Hemigraphis, <"Ophiopogon"> or Selaginella etc. you will <"find lots of threads">.

cheers Darrel

Back