• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What is better?

I have two internals filters so inline is not a possibility, I'm asking because I use a ceramic diffuser ATM and on a 125ltr 3bps seems excessive compared to other people's tanks. Wondering if a reactor out does a ceramic?

I use a ceramic diffuser ATM and on a 125ltr 3bps seems excessive compared to other people's tanks

Difficult to compare BPS rates as all BPS gives is an indication of injection rate which is helpful to the user in increasing or decreasing injection rate. I did a thread on CO2 used here which gives a small indication of how much CO2 folk use with various size tanks.
I used both methods on different size tanks and the intank diffuser is much easier to setup and cheaper, both methods work well for me once the injection rate is done with a pH profile. CO2 reactors do give a bubble free tank except for the pearling and the intank twinstar reactors.

Would people say a ceramic disk diffuser or reactor is better at delivering the required co2 to a tank?

There are benefits to both options, a reactor is much more efficient and can dissolve all/most of the CO2 into the water. This means you go through it much slower.

This isn't necessarily the best option for plants, because there is some evidence to suggest that physical CO2 bubbles touching the leaves of the plants as well as dissolved CO2 will give the best results. This is where a ceramic disc diffuser is better, although it uses much more CO2. Have a look at this article: https://www.advancedplantedtank.com/diffuser_or_reactor.html

The Aquario Neo diffuser is well reviewed as others have said.

There is also the aesthetic aspect of each diffusion method, not only the equipment but also if you find the small CO2 bubbles throughout the water column unsightly.

Hope this helps :)

All of the replies are very helpful thankyou, I've read about the co2 bubbles in contact with leaves are beneficial I've looked at the aquario neo diffuser mentioned in these replies I think I will order. So many considerations when it comes to injecting.
Thanks all,
Craig

Back