• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What hardscape do you use?

Planted Bows

As title says really. Im thinking of a rescape of my 30litre 30x30x30 shrimp setup.

Im currently using landscape rock. Getting rather bored of the look.

What rock do you use?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Just locally or were ever source oak,pebbles,cobbles ,but try to get permission especially in woods.Builders hardcore will often have interesting pieces of stone,occasionally purchase bog wood or azalea root if it looks interesting or cheap,Mopani wood I quite like

Nice replies guys thank you :) I'm still unsure of what to use but I'm really liking the look of dragon Stone

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I just visit landscaping stores for rock. I often find stuff I see sold in fish stores for a few dollars a kilo. I'd collect some myself, but my part of Sydney is mostly crumbling sandstone. As for wood, I usually visit a friend's property in the middle of no where and collect my own. I'll never find anything as branchy as redmoor root, but I've stumbled across some nice usuable pieces regardless. :)

Hello from Brazil,
I'm setting up my 27liters planted cube too, and hardscape definition is difficult issue. I decided to use a horn style wood and small pieces of brazilian stone.
Good lucky

Back