• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What happened to these anubias?

LMuhlen

I've just disassembled my tank to put together a new layout. In recent times, the anubias and most plants grew too much and it was impossible to clean the tank. At some point I installed stronger lights as a test before the new layout and there was an algae explosion, all kinds really. In the end, the tank wasn't really something to be proud of.

Anyways, upon removing all the plants and then giving them a wash, I noticed two strange things that I hadn't seen were happening. Maybe half of the anubias nanas had their new growth showing this weird weakly shape, and the coffeefolias had these weird brown growths sprinkled on their underside, at the leaves stems, on the rhizome and on some of the roots. The ones on the roots and leaves seemed to be removable with some force, but the ones on the rhizome feel like part of it.

1000050198.jpg

1000050197.jpg
1000050193.jpg
Nanas
1000050196.jpg
1000050195.jpg

Back