• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What fish is this?

Andy Thurston

ybype2ed.jpg

Its about a foot in length

Looks like Orf or carp family not saying that's what it is.

Not surprised Nat that's where all bland meat comes from :D merry Christmoss mate:)

Uh-oh, looks like a grass carp to me, really needs a swimming pool sized pond to have enough space to thrive. Always a shame seeing these monster fish in small indoor tanks, also feel sorry for that stunted looking koi at the back.

IMO the sale of such monster-sized fish should be regulated in some way to stop owners purchasing without prior research and proof of aquarium size.While I don't expect anything like this to happen in my lifetime , I'll always "rant" at the owners of such aquariums so they realise what they are doing is cruelty through neglect. Either neglecting to research the requirements of the animal under their responsibility, or neglecting to care because "its just a fish".

Ctenopharyngodon idella:

picture-1_edited-1.jpg

Not very sure on this one :( I think kirk could be right with orf although it's not quite as rounded as I'd expect but orf would be my guess

Good to hear :thumbup:. He'll need to start making phone calls now to find a suitable garden pond to donate the fish to in spring, it might take longer than that too.

I wish him and the fish good luck!

Back