• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what filter??

bumcrumb

im getting a 12x10x8 nano made up and looking for a external filter that I can place under the kitchen counter out the way...I don't want a eden or boyu as they need to be placed next to the tank...will a ehiem 2217 be too powerful even if its about a meter away below the tank?? the nano will hold 16 litres of water

A 2217 will be more than enough. If it turns out to be too much, you could widen the holes on the spraybar. I have a 2213 on a 24 litre tank and it does a very good job.

looking around I don't know whether to just go with a resun 200lph filter and hide it somehow? only thing is im not sure on the hose size and what size glass lily pipes ill need? anyone got a resun one???

I have an eheim ecco pro 130 on my 30cm cube. The flow is good but can be reduced using the taps it comes with. It is only 5watt to run. Keep an eye out for bargins as I picked mine up for £70 posted on swelluk.

well ive bit the bullet and bought the resun 200lph filter.only thing now is I cant find a suitable glassware set? its probably just me been half asleep, ive found pipes that say 13/16mm nothing that says to fit 12mm? would a 9mm pipe set be any good like this one?
Magic Lily Pipe 9mm Set # ada Mini S Nano fish aquarium | eBay

I liked the look of another one but it says 13mm for 12-16mm is that the right size? only thing with this is the length of the pipes.....my tank is only 8" high the pipes are just over 9"??

Co2 Diffuser Lily Pipes Bubble Counter Glass Tube Check Valve FULL BOX SET KIT | eBay

what you think??its giving me a headache :(

13mm is the inside diameter of the lily pipes and they're 3mm thick glass giving you the16mm, these fit the 12mm tubing from an external.
This glass inlet is only 150mm drop.
I have the larger sized one, and i'm happy with it.No drop in flow.
Not as cheap as Hong Kong ones, but you get what you pay for IME

You definitely get what you pay for - personally I wouldn't suggest getting the set from Hong Kong.... I do agree with your suggested setup though.

Back