• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What eggs are these?

RickB

Hi I have spotted some eggs in my tank and I kow they are not snail eggs, could anyone id them?

WP_20170817_16_27_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20170817_16_28_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20170817_16_28_15_Pro.jpg

Yeah look like Otto eggs to me too. I had some in my previous tank. The fry are ridiculously small when they emerge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They really could of picked a better location for them,I do not fancy the babies chances there once they hatch.

Farlowella spawn similarly on tank glass, but their eggs are normally closer together (I got a dozen or so 2 day old eggs in one of my tank now.. no fungus either :) )

Good news, the eggs have hatches.
Bad news, I have no idea if the fry are ok.

Honestly they are tiny. It'll take a few days before you can see any and even then you need to sit at the tank for ages. They seems to sit just above the substrate line a lot.

Honestly they are tiny. It'll take a few days before you can see any and even then you need to sit at the tank for ages. They seems to sit just above the substrate line a lot.

These same fish have laid eggs before, just that I didn't see the eggs last time, one of them is from that batch.

Good news, at least one of the fry has survived so far, may be more but for now I have only seen one on the back glass.

Back