• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

What deficiency is causing this? Potassium?

Zeus.

Fertz Calc Meister
Do you have Amano shrimp? think a can see one in pic. My Amanos got a taste for quite few of my plants esp
  • Bolbitis Heuelotii
  • Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
They would strip the Alternanthera reineckii down really fast and the Bolbitis Heuelotii was little more resilient.

tyler138

Do you have Amano shrimp? think a can see one in pic. My Amanos got a taste for quite few of my plants esp
  • Bolbitis Heuelotii
  • Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'
They would strip the Alternanthera reineckii down really fast and the Bolbitis Heuelotii was little more resilient.
Yes, have a couple in the tank. Not sure it's them, but will keep an eye out for them.

Matti

I have been struggling with holes in my ferns and crypts for a while. Not sure if it's the RCS eating them or just a deficiency. Also any s repens leaves just go very quickly.

Could the holes be caused by a potassium deficiency or something else?

Thanks
Most likely potassium. Lack of potassium is very easy to notice especially on hygrophila, which easily get holes.
I have a 55 l tank and I dose dose 6ml Premium weekly and 10ml JBL proscape N (nitrogen and potassium), no signs of any defiency.