• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what car are we driving?

SuperColey1 said:
I don't can't nor intend to learn to drive ;) Can't see any point living in a city with buses. trains etc. freely avaiable if cycling isn't practical.
I'm with you on this one SC
Nothing to be ashamed of 8)

YzemaN said:
SuperColey1 said:
I don't can't nor intend to learn to drive ;) Can't see any point living in a city with buses. trains etc. freely avaiable if cycling isn't practical.
I'm with you on this one SC
Nothing to be ashamed of 8)
Got to agree, too. I lived car-free in London for 15 years, and loved it. Living car-free is massively underrated. All we need now is brilliant public transport countrywide - in my dreams...

Transporter and A3 sportback for me, but the van is now sign written and heavily racked now...

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00034-1.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

All the "car free" people I've ever met are usually on to me to be a taxi service and/or collecting or delivering stuff for them. I recall one occasion when it was pouring with rain and I was asked to give a "car free" person to give them a lift to work. Got to the top of the road and it was solid traffic. They had the cheek to complain that everyone jumped in the car at the first spot of rain (and cause traffic jams). My look said it all...

bugs said:
All the "car free" people I've ever met are usually on to me to be a taxi service and/or collecting or delivering stuff for them. I recall one occasion when it was pouring with rain and I was asked to give a "car free" person to give them a lift to work. Got to the top of the road and it was solid traffic. They had the cheek to complain that everyone jumped in the car at the first spot of rain (and cause traffic jams). My look said it all...
Aah - even people who live wthout cars can be miserable, grasping, selfish types. Not me though - honest!

I know it doesn't count but i borrowed one of these recently for blasting round Donnington park.... Lets just say its was quick its a called a Lotus 2-eleven.
web.jpg

Funny thing is your head starts to shake like mad at about a 140mph :D

And yes that is me driving! :thumbup:

bugs said:

Lol. There are those yes. I bike in all weathers. Last year I got a job 9 miles from my home. first day I arrived at work at 6am and the temperature was -9. Needless to say all the car owners chuckled. they miss the point though. I don't drive because I don't want to and am prepared for the consequence of weather conditions :)

I continued cycling for the next 8 months until I got laid off. Prior to that I cycled every (working) day in wind, rain or shine for 5 years to my workplace which was 8½ miles from my home.

Nothing like getting exercise without having to pay membership of a gym nor dedicate seperate time for it. I was doing that 9 miles in 30 minutes and my mate in his car 15 minutes so I got all that exercise for the sake of 30 minutes extra a day and with no expense :)

AC

Toyota Tacoma with big tires and 4 doors.
They do not make them with hybrid engines(yet).
Will get a new one once they do.

The other is a Mini Cooper.

From there:

The Santa Cruz Blur
resizedSCfront.jpg

Litespeed tuscany
Litespeed2.jpg

And a Cyclocross

No motocycles. I do not wanna be an organ donor and that is the best way I know how. I'm lucky I'm not dead yet.

Regards,
Tom Barr

If I could drive theres only one car I'd drive a MK1 Golf coolest car on earth. I'd choose one over a ferrari any day.

3946933837_720c6085fb_o.jpg

My beast is this rare little number. Its a Vauxhall Senator with a rare Irmscher kit and wheels. This is one of a handfull in this country.

Its great fun too with a mildly tuned 3.0 24v engine.

Ported and matched inlets with a 18% larger Throttle Body Full exhaust system, Filter and modified ECU.

n1428407537_26641_7326.jpg

On other days i take the other halfs 300zx.

Its relatively standard other than filter and Cat back exhaust. It does have some rare gumbella wheels made just for the 300zx and the rear spoiler (Not my cup of tea personally but its not mine!!)

6540_135398297463_750897463_3614475_752772_n.jpg

afroturf said:
If I could drive theres only one car I'd drive a MK1 Golf coolest car on earth. I'd choose one over a ferrari any day.

3946933837_720c6085fb_o.jpg

Maybe its the second coolest, VW brought out the Scirocco and Corrado to be the cool cars and the Golf the family car. Coolest car of all time is the Lancer delta, hands down.

I drive one of these...

5621_cc0640_001_HAB-1.jpg

It's a Nissan Latio (Tiida in Japan, Versa in the US) It's loosely of the Nissan Sports Concept. As stock as they come except for a nice-ish audio system. Why? Because my dad got it for me and I don't have enough money to buy anything else :D Hoping to get a BMW E30 318i or a Subaru Impreza WRX in the coming years. Sorry I don't have a picture of my actual car.

The wife drives one of these...

Myvi-Caribbean.jpg

Its a Perodua MyVI (similar to Subaru Justy). A low maintenance city roundabout. Didn't have a picture of her actual car either, unless you want the "snowed-in" one :lol:

You guys are lucky in the UK, loads of nice cars are low prices. In Malaysia, most people drive the local makes for cost reasons. And we're fast becoming slush-box land, not many new cars come with manual transmissions unless they're really cheap or really pricey (think sports cars and supercars).

This is what I 'drove' in London for six years - amazing machine. In the wet you could drift it round corners with all three wheels sliding, and I'd be looking up at the very lowest sports car drivers - a wild machine, so long as you could take the ridicule! :lol:

gtsesrsf1536.jpg

After finding out how killer the car insurance is over here ive had to settle for a BMW 316. Will hopefully be getting a Landrover Discovery soon. Previous rides (back in NZ) have been a little more excting:
A done-up 1978 Mazda B1600 Pickup (my first car)
A 375hp 1988 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
And my favorite and also the only one I have a photo of
untitled13.jpg

A 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante 2.5 V6, 5spd Tiptronic and 20 inch wheels.

Regards

Ollie

changed cars a bit,
still have the c4 and we just bought a Chrysler 300c diesel with the Bentley Mod's.

paul.in.kendal said:
This is what I 'drove' in London for six years - amazing machine. In the wet you could drift it round corners with all three wheels sliding, and I'd be looking up at the very lowest sports car drivers - a wild machine, so long as you could take the ridicule! :lol:

gtsesrsf1536.jpg

Me and my brother put a moped engine on one of those, the gearing was stupid fast. I reckon it was easily about 70mph. Far too fast to be safe. I'd love to get my hands on another one!

OllieNZ said:
After finding out how killer the car insurance is over here ive had to settle for a BMW 316. Will hopefully be getting a Landrover Discovery soon. Previous rides (back in NZ) have been a little more excting:
A done-up 1978 Mazda B1600 Pickup (my first car)
A 375hp 1988 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
And my favorite and also the only one I have a photo of
untitled13.jpg

A 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante 2.5 V6, 5spd Tiptronic and 20 inch wheels.

Regards

Ollie
The Galant is a real supercar is disguise! The times I had boyracers sitting next to me at lights, revving the bits off their 1.8 8V or 16V Golf engines :lol: I only had my '92 model for a short while, but the pace of it I'll never forget :thumbup:

Back