• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What camera?

Derek113

I am a complete novice when it comes to cameras and photography.

Im looking for some pointers in regards as to where to start before i go out and buy a "good looking" camera.

I want one thats good for taking nature photos, birds ect...an outdoor one.
One that has multiple uses, close up pictures, landscapes, that sort of thing.

I had a look around for a beginner camera and found a Fujifilm s2980.

I have decided to start with that. Thanks

Fujifilm has nice snapshot camera's :) i recently bought the HS25EXR (used for very reasonable price €75) and i'm very pleased about it. Has very simple to understand menu features, 24-720 - 30xzoom lens, macro and super macro, shutter speed adjustment, diafragma adjustment, iso 200 /128000, loads of other adjustments. Its a very alround camera for the novice starter, from full auto to more advanced use.. Down side is, it only has jpeg and no raw... The other downside is me :oops: but slowly getting there and it sertainly isn't the camera preventing me from taking nice pics. :thumbup:

The Fujifilm s2980 has 18x zoom and HD camera that looks decent.
Im still waiting on delivery but from a bit of research it looks ok for a novice.
If i like photography then i will go for a DSLR in time.

There are a few with new anti-shake unfortunately I haven't tried them out personally.
I do know a feature that you might want to consider
some cameras have eliminated the view finder for a screen only (the screen only can be an issue in bright sun - you may not be able to see the screen well or when your battery starts to run low - screens use more battery power)
If you have a digital card bring it with you to a camera store or any store that has cameras on display ... you can snap pics and then bring it home or print it to see which you prefer, if the store has 1 hr dev. then you see immed. what you've got, just don't forget your card. My dad did it all the time and I now do it when considering a camera as well.

I liked the s2980 but have since bought the nikon D5500. Doing a photography course at college to learn how to use it.

Back