• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What buce do I have here?

Progen

grwgWTU.jpg

Someone sold a shop a bunch of wild collected buces. Nobody knew exactly what they were, me included.

I got one just for the fun of it since they weren't exactly cheap (almost USD5) even though I'm geographically very near to the source. Where I am, plants which cost most than USD3 - 4 move pretty slowly and usually only to serious hobbyists.

On most days, it'll be happily photosynthesizing like crazy with oxygen bubbles at regular intervals. I've had it for about a month now and it's grown one new leaf so far.

Does anybody know what I have?

Very hard to say, some Buce have only a trade name given from the region they are found for example the B. Sekadua is sold in the lfs in my country. Collected in Sekadua region and imported. But if it is not even the real name, they do not know, import it, give it a trade name and sell it like that. :)

Identifying Buce is something rather complex and probably requires a flower too in many cases.

http://www.aroid.org/gallery/boyce/...rg10.3372wi.44.44201] - Wong & Boyce 2014.pdf

It also is becoming a problem like that.. Buce is getting very popular and is randomly collected in the wild by amatures and shipped around all over the planet. This without knowing anything about it.

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

It's worse than marrying a woman who'll never introduce you to her family!!!!!!

Back