• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are these plant ?

eminor

Hello, could you help me identify those plant plz ? thx
20211124_155713.jpg 20211124_155803.jpg 20211124_155818.jpg 20211124_155833.jpg 20211124_155734.jpg

Hmm just wondering if the first one is actually Ophiopogon japonicus which isn't aquatic
You could definitely be right, hard to tell with the pic but does look like variegation, would also maybe expect to see some plantlets or flowering stems on Emersed grown cyperus.

seems so hard to determine some of these, especially the third and five :(

Any good discussions/articles on care for Myriophyllum tuberculatum? Great to see photos of its 'real colour' so I appreciate Eminor's photos. A lot of photos on the internet seemed to be heavily photoshopped....

Any good discussions/articles on care for Myriophyllum tuberculatum?

It is a rather difficult plant it needs ample light and or CO² and proper temperatures. In the trade here in Europe, it's because of this usually only seasonal available somewhere in the summer. And then it's often erroneously sold as M. Mattogrossense.

It is a rather difficult plant it needs ample light and or CO² and proper temperatures. In the trade here in Europe, it's because of this usually only seasonal available somewhere in the summer. And then it's often erroneously sold as M. Mattogrossense.
I did read recently about some UK suppliers having problems getting their plants wholesale from thailand due to a certain situation with trade and taxes in the UK, but I've not bought imported plants for a few years now, and whenever I did they had all sorts of insects residing in them, and although they probably won't survive in our climate, you never know what you are bringing in, the processes used to sterilize these plants is not quite good enough in my opinion.

Thanks. I visited my LFS today. Was considering getting some Tuberculatum but wanted to read someone's experience from growing it to understand more about its requirements and also its growth pattern (eg: does it grow straight or does it bend a lot)

But then, I saw Ammannia Sengelansis ...... so I got that instead :)

the processes used to sterilize these plants is not quite good enough in my opinion.

If they did it likely would kill your shrimps and fish too... Also, this is reported, imported insecticides with the plants...

Either way, there is always a risk with importing from unknown foreign sources, better let it be and only buy from local retailers...

If they did it likely would kill your shrimps and fish too... Also, this is reported, imported insecticides with the plants...

Either way, there is always a risk with importing from unknown foreign sources, better let it be and only buy from local retailers...
In-vitro tissue culture is great stuff, i'm definitely a fan.

If it is, it'll be a challenge, success!?
i hope so, it's my main challenge, a year ago i tried it with less knowlege, thanks to you guys, i'm a little better, so far so good, btw, i'm tring to identify a species of rotala and another plant i dont know what it is, could you help ? thx

this one is a rotala but which, i know it's not rotundifolia because leaves are too thin
20211127_161713.jpg

that one i don't know ?
20211127_161650.jpg

Back