• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What’s wrong with my plants?

Ks198

Hey all,

It seems something wrong with wrong with my water, the plants are slowly melting, but not all of them. Java fern is always show blacks spots and it doesn’t grow much. Lily used to grow madly, but now it started to melting.

I can’t upload photo in this forum now. Is jpeg format not supported now?

Might be the size of the image? There's a thread on upload problems here. I tried to upload a jpg last night and initially it was failing because I hadn't resized it, made it smaller and it uploaded fine.

On the plant front, there are plenty of people on here who can help you better than me, but as I'm already replying about the upload problem;

How long was everything growing fine before the melt kicked in, is it a newly planted setup or long running?

My very limited experience with ferns the only thing I can suggest is to ensure the rhizome isn't buried, not sure how that applies to java fern but I've seen it mentioned with others.

Any recent changes, like any new plants added or ferts or similar?

Hey all,

It seems something wrong with wrong with my water, the plants are slowly melting, but not all of them. Java fern is always show blacks spots and it doesn’t grow much. Lily used to grow madly, but now it started to melting.

I can’t upload photo in this forum now. Is jpeg format not supported now?
Being "bulb" plants lilies have enormous reserves stored in the bulb - once this runs out the lily will struggle unless it can replenish itself - do you have root tabs around it?
How are you otherwise adding ferts to your water or substrate?

Back