• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Welcome to the jungle?

BoneyT

Title: Welcome to the Jungle

IMG_20200211_190341.jpg

MyBatXU

Dimensions: 149Lx60Dx41W

CO2: Diffuser at a rate of 3bps

Filtration: Betta Choice 2000 UV Canister Filter, 2 X Eheim skim 350's

Lights: Superfish Retro LED Combi & Superfish Retro LED Bright

Photo Period: 2PM - 9PM

Fertilisation: EI Daily

Substrate: Tetra Complete Substrate & Gravel, root tabs

Hardscape: none

Flora: Bacopa Caroliniana, cryptocoryne beckettii, saururus cernuus, alternanthera cardinalis,Hemianthus Callitrichoides, Pogostus Erectus, Limnophila Hippuridoides, Hygrophila 'Siamensis 53B', MonteCarlo, Murdania Keisak, Limnophila Sessiflora,Rotala Indica Red, eleocharis parvula, Echidorus Blaherae, Lobelia Cardinalis, HZ

Fauna:
20 neon tetras, about a dozen shrimp and 3 assassin snails

Full disclosure... I don't know what I'm doing.

Tank is 5 months old, next project is to increase the spray bar to cover the length of the tank

Then because of the poor co2 output I am getting from the diffuser I will replace it with @foxfish 's DIY co2 reactor

I am having an issue with red plants not being red enough, The rotala Indica is meant to be red but is completely green, I assume this is because its not getting enough light.

The carpet was added at Xmas, so is now 6 weeks old and it should have grown more but again I assume its suffering from a light deficiency due to it being such a deep tank and also overshadowing from other plants.

This is only my 3rd ever tank, had a 90L then a 125L and now this is roughly 360L so its a bit of a step up in size, this is also my first attempt at a planted tank.

Back