• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua questions

jwmachon

Just noticed alot of people are using week aqua not heard of them since joining this site

1st question is where can I get from from in the UK

And secondly I want a tank mounted one like the twinstar or chihiros wrgb 2 which I was looking at originally which model should I be looking at

And finally do they really compare

Thanks

Hi welcome to Ukaps
At present I dont think you can get them from uk sellers. I brought mine from AliExpress and they were shipped from china. I purchased two of their flagship model a430 pros which look similar to the solar rgb from ADA. Even with the custom tax I paid less then buying two chihiros vivid lights.

At first the app was terrible but with a lot of hard pressing from members of the ukaps community @Hanuman they listened and massively improved the apps functionality and stability. I personally love the lights and they have amazing build quality. The colour rendition is top notch and I can grow any plants I feel like. The newer models come with the Bluetooth 3.0 module which gives gentle ramp up and ramp down feature.

They make a wide variety of lights, i dont know them off by heart I'm afraid but I'm sure you could find a light that matches what you need. As a new light manufacturer you expect some hiccups but so far I cant knock them as i've had no bad experiences other then occasionally not being able to connect to one of the lights via app but a quick restart of the app fixes it every time.

If you look for good lights at a good price or looking to save a few quid I would definitely look into week aqua. Have a browse on AliExpress you'll find plenty of sellers. Hope this helps.

Just noticed alot of people are using week aqua not heard of them since joining this site

And secondly I want a tank mounted one like the twinstar or chihiros wrgb 2 which I was looking at originally which model should I be looking at

Thanks
What are the tank dimensions?
There are about a doz or more lights out there.
Nicrew, Hyggar, Micmol, Fluval, Finnex, ONF Flat, Dsuny ect. and of course the above.
Each has their plus and minuses depending on tank and goals.
And of course each has their availability to you.

In the not too distant past Chihiros has some qc issues. That was a bad thing. The good thing is parts are inexpensive and available.

Last edited:

Thanks

I don't know much about Week Aqua except that it's a Chinese brand, they make good lights and are not quite as expensive as other comparable lights on the market. I can wholeheartedly recommend getting one of their lights, if you manage to source one.

If you're deciding between a Twinstar and a Chihiros then go with the Chihiros. You can't dim the Twinstar without buying a dimmer separately and you can't control the LEDs individually.

I have a Week Aqua P600 Pro on order from AliExpress, should arrive in the next couple of weeks, I'll let you know how I find it once it arrives and is set up.

If you're deciding between a Twinstar and a Chihiros then go with the Chihiros. You can't dim the Twinstar without buying a dimmer separately and you can't control the LEDs individually.
There's many more things to consider than just that when looking at things. Warranty, ease of repair, ease of replacement parts, customer service, build quality, aesthetics of unit etc etc. Some Twinstar units do come with basic dimmers included. Your needs may differ.

Hi welcome to Ukaps
At present I dont think you can get them from uk sellers. I brought mine from AliExpress and they were shipped from china. I purchased two of their flagship model a430 pros which look similar to the solar rgb from ADA. Even with the custom tax I paid less then buying two chihiros vivid lights.

At first the app was terrible but with a lot of hard pressing from members of the ukaps community @Hanuman they listened and massively improved the apps functionality and stability. I personally love the lights and they have amazing build quality. The colour rendition is top notch and I can grow any plants I feel like. The newer models come with the Bluetooth 3.0 module which gives gentle ramp up and ramp down feature.

They make a wide variety of lights, i dont know them off by heart I'm afraid but I'm sure you could find a light that matches what you need. As a new light manufacturer you expect some hiccups but so far I cant knock them as i've had no bad experiences other then occasionally not being able to connect to one of the lights via app but a quick restart of the app fixes it every time.

If you look for good lights at a good price or looking to save a few quid I would definitely look into week aqua. Have a browse on AliExpress you'll find plenty of sellers. Hope this helps.
Hi there,

Apologies for jumping in, but it seems that you have some experience with these lights.
I was eyeing the Week Aqua M800PRO lights for my 81x36x45cm planted tank. I am currently using the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Light - which is generally fine, but I feel as though sometimes it appears a little washed out. I am hoping to achieve vivid colours (deep reds and greens) which you see online with people who seem to use Chihiros lights.
Would you say the M-series is comparable to the Chihiros WRGB II? I contacted the seller and they recommended the M800PRO running at 50% light.

Picture of my current tank with Finnex Planted+ lights on max settings below:

img_3491-jpeg-jpg.jpg

Don't know if it's cheaper to get them from China or U.S., but Aquarocks Colorado sells them. Also don't know if they do international shipping, but just ordered a p600 pro this week.

Edit: I have seen them in use at Aquarocks Colorado while on vacation this summer. They look great. Highly regarded by Tommy who owns AR Colorado.

Back