• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waves hello from Northern Ireland!

Manisha

Hi to all!

I've finally joined the forum after a short time lurking...and have been impressed with the knowledge and experience throughout the forum. I'm fortunate to have a top class lfs, but like many of the best - the quality and range of resources for the planted tank hobbyist is limited.

I have kept fish for about ten years but have only just decided to go down the planted tank route...and just when you think you have balancing the nitrogen cycle and water parameters down - you have lighting, co2 & fertilisers to consider?! Not to mention effects on ph & water hardiness!

It's easy to see how a relatively new planted tank hobbyist would be overwhelmed, flounder and fail but I hopefully will keep my head above water long enough to produce a nice little/big tank with healthy growth & more important happy fish!

Last edited:
Hiya welcome.

yes you need to keep head above water but hand inside the water.... ;)

Haha, no pun intended simple as possible doesn't include co2 for me at the moment or high light for that matter.

I have a difficult enough time keeping things under control above water at the best of times! If only my problematic garden moss or dandelions had an aquatic application I'd be sorted!

I've decided on a low tech approach as I've neither the experience or confidence to achieve more without spending...too much.

Many thanks for the warm welcome - is there a good place on the forum (or elsewhere) to find out how to plant different types of plants i.e. stem, rhizome, runners etc?
Regards
Manisha

So true Brian, if your lucky enough to come across something 'new in' to a store that isn't algae ridden - I find the store isn't sometimes able to identify it and you don't know how to care for it! Delivery can be pricey to this wee island from the mainland sometimes too! Never easy is it?

Back