• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waveless Box

Rik - Another tank, sounds like you have as many tanks as I would like! I look forward to seeing the journal.

Still suffering from a bit of staghorn algae, but I the worst of it seems to be over.

My Clithon corona is a bit lazy in this tank. I have another in a 100 litre tank in the lounge and I am convinced it keeps it a lot cleaner! Very tempted to swap them round!

I have also transfered 9 Ember Tetras from my 100 litre. It should be 12, but I cannot catch the last three :twisted:
Not sure if I like having fish in here now, I was used to there only being shrimp and a snail.

Thinking of adding some Hydrocotyle verticillata and Juncus repens and see how they look. I don't appear to be very good at growing moss. I think I will give a good trim soon and hope that this improves things?

Some pictures

Full tank - will cover up the zip ties with moss eventually
DSC_0244.JPG

Startled Ember Tetras (I just turned the light on)
DSC_0225.JPG

One shrimp - you can see where the moss died off from a concentrated dose of excel :oops:
DSC_0250.JPG

Two shrimp
DSC_0255.JPG

Comments and critique encouraged.

Cheers
Pix

I like the photography and the way the algae has made the slates green.

Switch it over to the bigger tank :)

More things to play with.... go on.... and the discus... *coughs*

Hello mlgt, I think the Discus idea has died (for now).

My tank plans have been reduced, I have been soaking 42 litres of Akadama in anticipation and everything!

Here is an update on my 45 litre(ish) tank.

I still have a bit of a staghorn problem, I had this under control until I went away for eight days. The fact that it came back so readily makes me think something is not right. I assume it is my CO2?

Any way a couple of things have changed from my last post. I have added some Juncus repens and Hydrocotyle verticillata.

I have also added a Neritina natalensis sp. "Tracked", brought the number of Otocinclus up to seven and returned the 12 Hyphessobrycon amandae (Ember Tetra) to their original tank.

Day 77
DSC_0300.JPG

A bit of an angle shot!
DSC_0302.JPG

Thanks for looking
Pix

It has been a while since I last updated, so I took a quick picture when I got home from work.

I moved the moss, it now lives in my riparium and seems to be doing much better.

Thanks to jueloo for the Blyxa japonica that has taken its place.

CRS are breeding which I am pleased with, my first shrimp babies :D

Day 113
DSC_0515%20%282%29.JPG

I will try and get my tripod out and work on some better pictures soon.

Cheers
Paul

Well done. Im still awaiting my CRS to get jiggy over in my 60l tank :)

I was pretty excited to spot the miniture CRS. I'm not sure if it this any bearing, but I was away for a week so no TPN+ was added? Still never had any Cheery shrimp breed though :(

Anyway, better pics to follow.

Cheers
Paul

Pixels said:
I was pretty excited to spot the miniture CRS. I'm not sure if it this any bearing, but I was away for a week so no TPN+ was added? Still never had any Cheery shrimp breed though :(
Check inside the external filter :p

It does look like prime shrimp make-out spot with that nice carpet for the babies to hide in. I've never found that TPN or not seems to disturb them but doing large water changes often seems to result in spawnings?

Paulo is right be careful whenever you clean the external as colonies can live quite happily in the filter, my record is 24 Cherries in my external. T

I hope not many made it into the filter as I have a sponge over my inlet. But I will make sure I am extra careful when I next clean the filter.

Cheers
Paul

TBRO said:
It does look like prime shrimp make-out spot with that nice carpet for the babies to hide in. I've never found that TPN or not seems to disturb them but doing large water changes often seems to result in spawnings?

Paulo is right be careful whenever you clean the external as colonies can live quite happily in the filter, my record is 24 Cherries in my external. T

All sorts can live on a external filter, I have even found baby cory's on it. :)

After 159 days I decided to call it quits on this scape. It never managed to recover from the algae issues that developed while I was on holiday, the end of which then coincided with setting up a 180 litre Crypt tank in the lounge.

So with a rescape in mind I decided to order something shiny! Thanks TGM :D

My first piece of glassware in its box (that's not from ebay)
DSC_0715.JPG

One more pic... I never got all the hype over glassware, but I am starting to understand it a bit now!
DSC_0716.JPG

So here is the new look tank - might lower the height of the substrate at the front before everything starts growing!
DSC_0805.JPG

Kept the planting simple, just Eleocharis parvula, staurogyne sp. and blyxa japonica.

The black pump is a Hydor Pico 200 with the suction part of the UP CO2 Atomizer. Although it makes my glass ware a bit of a waste of time, it will do until I can increase my flow with a bigger filter to replace my Eheim 2222... thinking of a JBL e900, after being very impressed with my e1500.

Comments and critique encouraged.
Paul

Looking good bud. e1500 is the way to go. I kinda wish I bought a few more now with the price hike :)

Nice Iwagumi. I'm kinda worried about the filter tubing pulling on the glassware like that. Although these glassware are pretty good quality, it doesn't hurt to be safe. I'd move the tank over to the left so the tubing doesn't pull on the glassware.

Looking good bud. e1500 is the way to go. I kinda wish I bought a few more now with the price hike
I bought mine after the hike, I managed to find one for £120. But not the £80-90 they used to be :(

I'm kinda worried about the filter tubing pulling on the glassware like that
You have me worried, I have gone back and inspected. The pipe/tube has a lot of slack so I think it will be ok... I guess I will get no sympathy if they break!

Cheers
Paul

I bought mine for £70 last year. Now Im going to upgrade to a 400l tank so I should have bought a few more hehe.

I should put a journal up :)

How are the moss?

It was a bit of a price hike! I couldn't believe the filter had gone up so much when I went to buy one.

The moss is growing slow and steady in my nano riparium.

400 litre tank, now that sounds good.

Cheers
Paul

looking great :thumbup:

maybe you can make something for the pipes like they did in the ada gallery. small tube on the lilypipes, 90 ° pvc pipe or the connections from eheim, etc just a suggestion :)

9.jpg

Hi Paulus

I already have some black 90° corners that I have used in the past. But my filter is underpowered as it is, so I am reluctant to do anything to reduce flow, which I felt it did when I used them before.

Thanks for the idea though.

Cheers
Paul

A long overdue update.

The tank has had it ups and downs, a major down being after asking our lodger to dose while I was away, I came back to the most ridiculous amount of algae. Any way most of that seems to be behind me now.

Tank still needs a lot of growing in. Some one please suggest another plant!

I couldn't resist adding a few trinkets!

Nano drop checker
DSC_0660.JPG

DC in tank
DSC_0685.JPG

ADA thermometer
DSC_0664.JPG

Full tank shot
DSC_0671.JPG

Full tank, er from a bit further away
DSC_0683.JPG

Clithon diadema
DSC_0684.JPG

Cheers
Paul

Looking really good!

Som great photos there, i have the nano drop checker ideal for the nano but a bugger to fill :lol:

Andyh

Back