• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water suddenly turned cloudy, what could be the cause?

CheckeredRust

3 days ago I added 10 cherry shrimps into the tank, prior to that the tank was always empty except for 2 nerite snails. Also I cleaned my wool filter (using old water) for the first time in 6 weeks right before I added in the shrimps. Right now the water is looking a bit cloudy, any reason what cause it? Should I do a small water change?

3 days ago I added 10 cherry shrimps into the tank, prior to that the tank was always empty except for 2 nerite snails. Also I cleaned my wool filter (using old water) for the first time in 6 weeks right before I added in the shrimps. Right now the water is looking a bit cloudy, any reason what cause it? Should I do a small water change?
Hi,

It could be few reasons...

1. Filter isn't capable to Handle the wast load.
2. Biological immature tank.
3. Bacterial bloom... Topically whet you are killing you bacteria with tap water ..

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I'd go with bacterial bloom from the additional shrimp, (possibly more food going in too) and do nothing but test for ammonia/nitrite, water change if there is any. It will clear though once the bacteria settle in the filter media.

I would water change as normal, whatever you do weekly unless their is ammonia you need to get rid of. However, also thinking about feeding - what food you are adding is what makes a difference to your load more than the livestock itself. Shrimp are pretty good at feeding themselves so I would feed lightly and not every day and build up gradually so the filter can adjust.

Back