• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water flow affecting plants

Jay Singh

Seedling
Hello,

New to planted aquariums but learning as I go along. I've currently got an internal filter and air pump on the left hand side of the tank. I've got 5 of the same plants along the back of the tank but they're not growing at the same rate. The plants on the left are tallest and then they get shorter as they move towards the right.

The only difference I can think of is that the water movement from the filter and air pump are causing better growth. Thinking of moving the air pump to the right hand side to create movement to see the affect. Could this be the issue?

Any advice appreciated.

Hi
You are on the right path.Flow is very important in planted tank as it helps nutrient distribution.What U aim is to have gentle plant movement in all areas of the tank.Just be careful when you move the airstone sometimes two flow patterns may be in conflict and cancel each other to a certain point.Im sure U will find the sweet spot for it.
Regards
Konsa

Last edited:
Back