• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water column dosing with Tropica aquasoil?

Sergey

Hi guys,

I'm starting a new tank with Tropica AquaSoil substrate. I wonder if there are any recommendations regarding the water column dosing with this soil? As far as I understand, I still need to dose NPK into water, but what about micros?

The tank is going to be mid-tech (mid light, CO2 injection); plants are mostly not very demanding: crypts, some epiphytes (buce, anubias), some easy stem plants.

I would use ferts macro and micro straight away as ferts in excess is better than not enough ferts.
Choice of fert depends on size of tank but EI DIY is the cheapest option, my son has a 60l tank, had it over two years high tech and he is still on the same EI starter kit from APFUK which if your tanks pH is 7.0pH or less should be all you need.
As to what dose if EI DIY ferts 100% EI dose as it's cheap enough you can always cut back the dose when plants doing well and find the sweat spot

Back