• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

water changes - pH

8ball

Seedling
hi,
i am a recently returning, planted tank owner. last dabbled about 10 yrs ago - wow, how things have changed !
i am currently running a juwel delta 150 with fairly dense planting and reasonable fish stocking levels.
originally started the tank without co2 (advised it was not necessary) but was sold twin t5 lighting !
although things have gone pretty well, i've been fighting bba and what i've now id'd as staghorn (jamesC's algae guide is great)
after lots of research i decided to add co2. this has almost had the desired effect, the staghorn is almost gone and the bba seems to have slowed to existing rather than growing. next step is excel to try and get rid.

the issue i need help with is my water changes.
i've always done about 25% per week, but now i have a ph difference between tank water ( 6.8 ) and mains water ( 7.4 )
am I safe to perform changes with water of different values or do i need to look into reducing ph before adding to tank ?

The best thing you can do for your tank is to completely forget pH. It makes no difference whatsoever to either plants or fish. Perform your water changes without concern and have one less headache.

Cheers,

thanks guys,

am trying not to over-complicate things so your comments will help to put my mind at rest

Back