• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Washing up liquid sprayed on wood for aquarium

Liam1989

I think I know the answer to this, however thought I'd check. I had a spray bottle with a vinegar and water mix for cleaning my aquarium. I've just found out my wife has made a new solution with washing up liquid in it along with vinegar BI carb and water. I didn't know this before I sprayed it on a branch destined for the new tank.

I'm guessing that I should now dispose of this piece of wood?

I have washed in tank equipment, rocks and wood in washing up water to get clean, rinsed well and put back in tank no issue. The minimal amount of washing up liquid left on well rinsed stuff will soon dissipate in the tank.

I have washed in tank equipment, rocks and wood in washing up water to get clean, rinsed well and put back in tank no issue. The minimal amount of washing up liquid left on well rinsed stuff will soon dissipate in the tank.
I could soak in RO for a while

How long do you think I'd need to soak the wood for?

I wouldn't over think it. If you can fit it in a bucket or the sink then just run the water and see if any soap bubbles come out in the water. A quick rinse under some running water is probably all that's needed but submerging it in a bucket of tap water certainly won't do any harm.

Back