• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wanted; alternative for Congo tetra (Phenacogrammus interruptus)

Gilles

So i saw one of my Congo's with a Sakura shrimp in his mouth, having his very own Christmas dinner. For that the Sakura are to expensive, so i am searching for a good alternative.

Currently my fish stock is:
20x Cory sterbai
100x neon tetra
40x amano shrimp
20x sakura shrimp
12x Congo Tetra (5 males, 7 females)

But i never see my shrimp :(

Any fish that could replace the Congo Tetra whilst leaving my Shrimp alone?

I'm sure any of those fish will try to get the shrimplets but not adult if you eventually have some therefore it is usually suggested that you should not have shrimps with fish. I find most people will house Celestial Pearl Danios/ Galaxy Rasboras. Its natural for any fish that will eat meat to try to eat anything that fits into its mouth.

I had congos a few years ago, and they were probably the most aggressive fish I have kept. They reminded me of mini piranhas...their teeth were visible to the naked eye! They also finished of a team of Amanos.

I can't think of any really alternative...maybe dwarf neon rainbows?

I had congos a few years ago, and they were probably the most aggressive fish I have kept. They reminded me of mini piranhas...their teeth were visible to the naked eye! They also finished of a team of Amanos.

I can't think of any really alternative...maybe dwarf neon rainbows?

Wow. A team of amano shrimp?
They're like the hulk hogans of the shrimp world.

The crazy Bar-stewards. I thought they'd be relatively peaceful :eek:

Back