• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wabi-kusa fertiliser and mists

Keys_Tanks

I'm interested to know what people use for their wabi kusas.

Currently I only use the Dooa mist. but im wondering if any of you kind people have a recipe that has the simalar composition as the dooa?

Personally I'm quite intrested it having my own book of recipes that i can rely on rather than having store bought just to save on the shekels

Thanks!

Josh
015cf4367a6d449b1d1cff1de570727d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hi all,

I'm curious to know what's in the dooa mist though. I seem to think with it having some form of mint in it helps with natural anti mould and insect problems ?

Josh

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ADA would never tell you and there are afew threads about companys being very secretive about their products. I think your right in what you say

I've not been able to find the recipe and so just copied the DIY the recipes for antifungal and insect repellents for house plants using essential oils.
Any mixture of thyme, peppermint, orange, lemongrass, citronella, tea tree, rosemary, pine.
20-40 drops per 500ml of water, and a few drops of liquid soap to help the oils emulsify. Plus, some dilute all in one fert.
It may not do much, but it smells nice, one can make the mix to one's preferred smells, and essential oils are cheap on ebay

That all in one fert solution is a tad misleading concept. It highly depends on the type of plants you combine. Then the weakest link will be the plant sp. with the least requirements. Favoring this plant will not favour the plant that has a higher demand and vice versa.

Take for example Epiphytes such as ferns and mosses vs. Root plants such as Echinodorus sp. you can grow both types of plants in/on the soil. But if you start fertilizing according to the needs of the Echinodorus you most likely will burn the ferns and mosses in the long run and or vice versa the Echi will not get enough.

In reality, there is no all in one for the long term, but there is an all in one for plants that like it all lean and an all in one for plants that like it all rich. Such as an all in one Orchid/epiphyte fertilizer or an all in one Root/pot plants fertilizer.

Thus when you want all plants in one container in the same soil you need to research what the plant sp. require and take only plants that require the same treatment. Or play it smart and plant epiphytes elevated as epiphytes, not in contact with the soil but on the hardscape (Rock or wood) and fertilize it all separately. Locally inject the soil with fertilizer and do the same with a leaner mix for the epiphytes.

In a glass container, you should never spray with mineralized water, it will leave stains on the glass which is a pain in the neck to clean. This makes spraying fertilizer a nono. Only spray with rainwater or demi water.

Doing it all in one such as the Wabi Kusa is presented I learned the hard way that it ain't really a long term concept if the plants are not carefully selected regarding the same requirements. If you want long term pleasure, longer than a few months you need to do your research and know the plants and what they want. That might be the sneaky commercial twist on it, not telling you this from the label, if they would tell you this they would give away a costly secret. It's better for business to make it look easy and you keep making new Wabi Kusa's every so often. You are on your own devices to find this out with trial and error or not. Or the Wabi Kusa concept still is too young and we have to wait for a guide about the requirements of growing specific aquarium/bog plants in terrestrial form. For now, we only find a guide on how to grow it aquatic that is something completely different.

Last edited:
Back