• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wabi kusa attempt

tim

Insipired by this
YouTube
Started with DIY substrate ball
8922371372_1e140db908.jpg

Colombo flora base wrapped in a cut up wash bag for baby clothes
Some tana sand and petrified wood and a few Plants later ( no pics men can't multitask :lol: )
8922372922_4fbb41b01b.jpg

Spraying twice a day at the moment with ro water shouldn't need ferts as florabase is nutrient rich
Not sure how it'll go but maybe add a few shrimp if it takes well and a glass cover to get rid of the cling film
Will try and keep progress updated.
Thanks for looking.

Had to take this down to make way for another project, it's new home is an old fluval spec with the filter chamber removed sat on my old fluval edge stand for lighting may need a heat mat if I want to keep it going longer term the LEDs don't seem to create as much heat.
9374462867_8fd323f773.jpg

Added a little bolbitus and a fern I found growing out of a derelict pub where the gutter was leaking so I assume it likes its feet wet so to speak :)

Very nice mate, is that anubias I see ? Wanting to have anubias in my wabi but read mixed storys of success with it, have you got the roots submerged ?

Back