• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vortech mp10 powerheads

Raws69

Hi

anyone on here have experience of using these and the Mobius app? Got some questions about set up...

Hi

anyone on here have experience of using these and the Mobius app? Got some questions about set up...

I don't have the Vortech pumps, but I have the Versa dosing pumps that I use with the Mobius app. I also have an AI Nero 3 (AI and Ecotech are part of the same group) and the AI app is very similar to the Mobius set-up - I believe AI will be transitioning over to the Mobius app for all their products next year.

Last edited:
I don't have the Vortech pumps, but I have the Versa dosing pumps that I use with the Mobius app. I also have an AI Nero 3 (AI and Vortech are part of the same group) and the AI app is very similar to the Mobius set-up - I believe AI will be transitioning over to the Mobius app for all their products next year.
Hi

not Sure if then the editing of the schedule is the same. Here’s a screen print. Am I right in saying you have to run this 24/7 on at least 1%, there appears to be no way to auto 0% for a duration? Also you can’t seem to be able to have 2 separate settings on the same type ie the purple segment at different times?

Attachments

• E9846B67-F533-46C1-98A0-170A689A01D7.png
    E9846B67-F533-46C1-98A0-170A689A01D7.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 95
Hi

not Sure if then the editing of the schedule is the same. Here’s a screen print. Am I right in saying you have to run this 24/7 on at least 1%, there appears to be no way to auto 0% for a duration? Also you can’t seem to be able to have 2 separate settings on the same type ie the purple segment at different times?

The editing schedule in the apps is very similar, but certainly in the AI app I'm fairly sure you can add as many different modes in the 24 hours period as you like. if you scroll down, is there not a "+" button to add another mode in?

In terms of the pump output, no I don't think there is a 0% mode. Also you may find that the 1% mode is still 30% of the pumps physical output. It's part of the reason I went for the Nero 3 over the MP10, as the Nero 3 puts out almost nothing at 1% due to its very wide flow pattern. That said, when I want the pump to output nothing, I just turn it off via a Tapo smart plug. When it turns back on, it just boots back up and carries on with its original schedule.

Ecotech are very responsive to queries though, so you might want to raise a sup[port ticket. you will also find in the Mobius app that there is a feature request and upvoting system which is worth adding to you is functionality you want isn't currently available. I added something about a month ago for the Versa's, and it was added last week during an update.

did you get it to work? is it via the reef link or do the new black boxed ones (quiet drive) have it built in? I have a mp40 white so it can do stuff via the lights if its wanted, though at the moment I can’t get the micro usb method to work, so considering a second hand reef link

Hi. you can’t run a section at 0% and you can’t run the same type twice at sepe times of the day. However I now run at 15% all day and a boost at 25% for a couple of hours just before lights on. Improved the flow and distribution of nutrients etc.

I have the new quiet drive so all controlled via the mobius app

I read some literature that the 1% minimum for the Vortech is deliberate - if the powerhead turned off completely, that would be an invitation for critters to "hide in the cave" and be pureed when it subsequently came back on.
things still some times tried it at higher flow rates, hence the sponge (net guard) they come with, lot of anenomies would wonder in and get either diced or stop the pump. I kept mine on all the time, as it acted as a pre filter for the head, as opposed to dicing up any waste or free floating matter

AI seem to do a nice smaller footprint version on the same theme, and I heard they are all the same parent company these days, so maybe duel control with out needing to use a Neptune or the like could be on the way

things still some times tried it at higher flow rates, hence the sponge (net guard) they come with, lot of anenomies would wonder in and get either diced or stop the pump. I kept mine on all the time, as it acted as a pre filter for the head, as opposed to dicing up any waste or free floating matter
I don't have a guard on mine and from time to time one or another of the zebra thorn snails will do its damnest to get in there but other than the whacking sound of the blades rapping on the shell there seems to be no lasting harm done to either powerhead or snail. The fish and shrimp have never had any issues with it. In terms of acting as a pre-filter it does do a nice job of catching the shed leaves from the lobelia.

Back