• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vision 250 - Eheim Thermofilter Recommendations?

simonm74

Hi all,

I've decided to treat myself to a Vision 260 aquarium and I'm looking for a compatible Eheim thermofilter. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've been looking at the 2173 and 2373 which are rated for 180-350 litre aquaria. Is 1050 lph enough flow? I'll be supplementing the filter with one or two 1600lph Koralia powerheads (SmartWave kit).

Thanks,
Simon.

Hi Simon,

I would recommend looking at the user manuals to see what actual flow you get, as the flow they deliver is less than the pump rating. I have the Eheim Pro 3e 600T which has a pump rating of 1850 lph, but when I came to set it up and read the instruction manual by default it is set to 700 lph and even on maximum setting it only goes up to 1100lph, quite a difference from the pump rating.

If you are happy to supplement with powerheads then you have no problem, I was just frustrated by this as I wanted to reduce the equipment in my tank as much as possible and the filter did not live up to the flow I expected. With a couple of tap sets and a diffuser in the loop, but the hose as short as possible, my spraybar does not hit the front of my tank.

Wisey, thanks for the tips. I hadn't realised that the rated flow was unachievable even on max output. Sounds like a bit of a swizz! What size is your tank just out of interest?

Back