• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Video

Nelson

How do you all get such good quality video ?.
Mine seem very grainy and dark.

I had a small Nikon Coolpix 8200 for a while and made very good HD videos, yours shoot do as good with even more options. I guess you're video resolution settings are a bit off.. Your camera should have Max Video Resolution 1920 x 1080, which should be pretty HD.

You have these options
H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps
H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 50 fps
H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 30 fps
H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 25 fps
H.264 - 1920 x 1080 - 24 fps
H.264 - 1280 x 720 - 60 fps
H.264 - 1280 x 720 - 50 fps
H.264 - 640 x 424 - 30 fps
H.264 - 640 x 424 - 25 fps

probably set to 640 x 424 is cellphone display quality, then Youtube converts it to Flash streamng content (FLV - F4V) during upload, which looses also some data again during the conversion process.

Thanks guys :).
I'm a bit of a technophobe o_O.I've checked the settings and they were ok.
Thinking maybe there wasn't enough light and I wasn't watching in HD :rolleyes:.
Can anything be done about the close fish being out of focus ?.

Hi Nelson, you have some options for increasing the depth of field (amount of space in focus before and after the focal plane):

- close the diaphragm more, if you are using f 5.6 then try f 8 or f 11, more you close more 'space before and after is being in focus)
- try to shut with wider lenses, or wider position of zoom. A 18 mm lenses will have more depth of field than a 50mm, if you use a 90mm the space in focus will be much smaller.
- increasing the ISO sometimes is 'better' because allow us to close the diaphragm without loosing speed. With that camera i would leave in auto mode, even with iso 800 or 1600 most of situations the noise is very low.
- with that camera you can put lenses focus in manual mode and make it by hand (slowly turn your finger), try it!

Remember, always get fun working with the camera! They are here to serve us and not the opposite!
cheers
:snaphappy:

What Tiago said, but for video you need mega light ;) specially if you start going F8+ ;)

What Tiago said, but for video you need mega light ;) specially if you start going F8+ ;)
hi LondonDragon, that is true with old sensors\cameras.
With this generation you can push iso a bit more without damaging the image quality! When i started to use similar camera i couldn't beilieve. If you use a fullframe and recent camera you go even further... it's crazy.
cheers

I have a compact Panasonic Lumix that makes great videos ;) no need to spend on a full frame and expensive lens ;)

All depends on the results you want to achieve and if you are willing to pay the extra mile for it ;)

Back