• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Very first riparium attemp

Had some fun in my LFS again. This time they liked me to make a Riparium of sorts. Not easy to figure out how to get the water flow to all plants to keep them moist and I had only one morning to do the whole thing.
It's not totally finished yet, it need some nice plants (Orchid, Bromelia and/or Fern) on the big wood piece.
DSC00486_zps88f634d9.jpg

It also could use some flouters and Anubius or small crypts submersed.
DSC00480_zps4a7e5140.jpg

Last edited:
And what is your solution to keep plants wet?
Just pumped the water up the "hill" which I made of foam. Hollowed out a bit on the top to be able to let the water flow from all sides, than I cut a zig zag pattern out for the water to go down in that fashion and to slow it down, on this I could place stones and plants.

DSC00461_zpsdc995e87.jpg

Here you can see the foam and how I carved it in a zig zag shape. Pump and hoses are also visual.

DSC00474_zps47d6c0b1.jpg

Planting is easy, just poke a hole in the foam and plant you plant in that hole, I made some holes bigger o be able to hold some substrate

Back