• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vegatable filter

mort

I'm rejuvenating my pond at the moment and have an old water fall which i'm wanting to change into more filtration because some of the fish are getting larger and messier. I've always split the flow from the filter so half went straight down the waterfall and half into a upper wildlife pond before it returned. So now i'm extending the wildlife pond with another small upper pond and stripping the waterfall with the plan of making it a vegetable filter. So my question is which species are best for it? Its 6x2ft ish and I can dig down as deep as it needs to be. I have plenty of iris which will go in there and a couple of variegated rush but is there anything better?

Thanks, must admit I did forget watercress when I wrote above. I had it in the pond last year and it went mental and grew several feet high. I'll see if I have any left or start some more.

Back