• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Valley of colors

Yes, it's Aeschynomene fluitans. :D

Ludwigia sp. 'Mini Super Red'
voc_detaliu7_900_rszt15052cf5d9.jpg

Thank you all!

Aeschynomene fluitans seen and considerd it before, but didn't do it. Now when i see this i don't know why, guess didn't see the potential at that time. Darn beautifull plant looks realy outstanding. Definitively gone order me this one, now ive seen this. (Darn beautiful scape also).

I once had a Mimosa Pudica (Tough Me Not) althoug the Mimosa already loves wet conditions there is also an aquatic form called the Neptunia oleracea (Water Mimosa) which gave me the idea at first, the looks and properties are simular with the Aeschynomene and can be used in the same fashion, has an other flower though. Have no personal experience with this aquatic Mimosa form but it could be an idea for those who cant get their hands on Aeschynomene fluitans, have a look at Neptunia oleracea availability. :)

Back on track...

So, first let me show you guys the changes (still needs some work, to fill the gaps and keep only what i need).
Ten days apart comparison :

voc_1828082015_1300_rszt15082ccadd.jpg

I have to concentrate more on cleaning those rocks, local carbon liquid dosing seems to do the job, but it's kind of slow. Patience or a bigger dose?! I'm thinking about it.
FTS a few days ago :

voc_28082015_900_rszt15082a7363.jpg

A side view :

voc_28082015_2_900_rszt150826853f.jpg

And i brought back one of my favourites, Cabomba piauhyensis :

voc_detaliu8_600_rszt15082d4dc9.jpg

Back