• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Using standard water filters is it ok?

Danny

I am thinking of rigging up 2 water filter cannisters to my return pipe, a carbon and a 1 or 5 micron. Has anyone used them and any idea if this will be ok? Its the same canisters you get on a RO unit just without the RO membrane so not sure what effect it will have on the water if any. I am thinking of doing it just to super polish the water before being returned to the tank.

I use a generic brita filters for water changes for my shrimp tank, reduces the harness and tdi of my water quite well, works out a lot cheaper than using RO and no waste either.

Sentral said:
I use a generic brita filters for water changes for my shrimp tank, reduces the harness and tdi of my water quite well, works out a lot cheaper than using RO and no waste either.

What! Takes all the VW Golf TDI's out of your water aswell?! Absolutely quality filter!
Believe it or not, this is a picture of my bath, I have such high TDI count, so one of them filters could work out useful for me :)

027a2325-97e9-13f7.jpg

Whitey89 said:
Sentral said:

What! Takes all the VW Golf TDI's out of your water aswell?! Absolutely quality filter!
Believe it or not, this is a picture of my bath, I have such high TDI count, so one of them filters could work out useful for me :)

027a2325-97e9-13f7.jpg

Genuis lol.... Very comical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good Nat :clap:
I can stand a teaspoon in my tea mug... even before the tea bag and sugar goes in... is that bad :?: Do you think i should use Calgon to clean my filter pipes :?: :lol: :lol:
hoggie

Back