• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Using sodastream bottles for co2

Hi,
I have a question regarding using a Sodastream setup,does it work the same as the disposable cylinders,ie wait till completely empty before removing from regulator or do they have a valve that shuts off the co2 if you remove from the adapter before it's run out?
I know it might be a stupid question but I don't want to find out the hard way so thanks for advice,I have the advanced type Sodastream adapter to fit it to a regulator.

Hi,
There's no valve on the bottle itself. However most of the time you need an adapter, and a lot of them have a valve that you can close off. But of course you'd have to pull the adapter if you want to bring the bottle to recharge.
The upside of soda stream bottles is that they are relatively cheap, so you can have a spare one to switch with the empty one immediately. That's a plus compared to the refillable cylinders that often needs several days to be refilled, at least where I live.
Hope this helps

Envoyé de mon KB2003 en utilisant Tapatalk

Its a bit misleading to say there is no valve on Sodastream bottles but there is a device built in to the bottle that closes off the CO2 when you remove it from the Sodastream machine or whatever adaptor/ device you fit it to. its the same method that bottles of other gases such as butane for blowtorches use so you can fit and remove the bottles when empty or full. The "valve" in the bottle is operated by a pin in the device the bottle is being fitted to.

@Richard Aldridge, off-topic.

I had considered Sodastream bottles as a backup due to the costs. (Purchase adaptor as precaution and go down the supermarket in case I could not source CO2 by other means ). Do you have a recommended supplier?

Last edited:
Back