• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Using Seachem Flourite Black Sand

willsy

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a 180L planted, C02 injected, EI tank to replace a 125L that I currently have.

As I have a few bags of Seachem Black Sand hanging around, I would like to go ahead and use these for the new setup.

I have been used to using low tech in the past. The last time I setup an aquarium, I used dirt topped with Flourite Black.

Do I just Add the Seachem Sand on it's own for a high tech setup? No need to any layers underneath it I take it? Will it be OK in the long term? Anything that I will need to watch out for with sand (such as maximum depth etc)?

Thanks for any assistance :)

Cheers

Will.

Cheers Ceg. Appreciate your help.

Will

Be careful as it compacts easily, even with Corys, my substrate was solid within a couple of months in areas I hadn’t disturbed and started to stunt the expansion of my HC carpet and other plants. Otherwise, it’s a great substrate, dead easy to keep clean and looks stunning!

Back