• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Using bleach to clean glassware and tubing

Tom72

Hi folks,
I am always frustrated with those difficult to reach places on my glassware. I have seen it used diluted but I have always been anxious to use it. What type of bleach is used and what ratio is safe. Also can it be used on any other equipment or Decor.

You can use Thin Bleach that is unperfumed and after done soaking and cleaning wash it again under the tap with ample running water.
Thick bleach should be avoided it is often perfumed and gelated to make it thick to make it stick longer to surfaces and be more effective in killing germs. But its stickiness makes it a tad harder to wash off again.

It can be used on anything that is not porous and can be washed off again. If only used on hardscape and tools etc., the ratio isn't that important.

Some people use it on plants as well, but I have no experience with this.

I pretty much use any bleach to hand on glassware or on anything made from impervious material. Even thick scented bleach used neat will rinse right off. If you're still worried bung the glassware in a container with dechlorinator for a few minutes and rinse again.

Back