• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Use of Tropica Capsules

Superman

I'm looking to bulk up my old substrate using tropica capsules.
The information says 1 capsule per 5x5cm of substrate.
So using a 90cm x 40cm space I need 144?! Wow!
That costs £76! Wow!
Didn't think it'd be that much, I might start thinking about changing the substrate to Nature Soil!

Any experiences or comments on them would be great.

I would place them around your big root feeders and not worry to much about the rest :) Stems will take nutrients from the water column (as will crypts, but they'll like the nutrients around the roots too).

I've got a better idea; why not just forget about it and simply increase the water column dosing since it's loads cheaper (unless you're using the expensive stuff of course).... 8)

Cheers,

I haven`t yet found any so called "heavy root feeders" that can`t thrive in inert substrate with a well fertilised water column. This a bit of a myth carried over from TFF, methinks.

Yes, definitely a construct of The Matrix. If only they'd offer those "heavy root breeder" globules packaged with a few choice videos of Jada Pinkett-Smith one might actually be tempted to pony up the 76 quid. Has anyone calculated how many bottles of Chilean Savignon Blanc can be had at Tesco for £76 - even at todays exchange rate? Well, the answer is; enough to make you not care about the "heavy root breeder" concept for quite a long time. :wideyed:

Cheers,

Back