• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape urgent-ish advice appreciated. 1st hardscape. 120cm

jamiep

This will be my first proper scape after trying a few things and a few nano cubes over the last year. My timescale has escalated because I have a slow leaking old tank so need to get the new one set up quickly, the next day or two.

I have cory, which move the soil forward, and so need terraces. I want a small sand path, a layer of smaller rocks for a terrace, a layer of large rocks with epiphytes, a layer of wood with ferns, and a back layer of stems.

I threw this up in an hour last night to get the gist and without really looking at the wood, just where it would balance for now . But I don't really know what I'm doing bar watching days of youtube. There's two more bags of soil to raise up the larger rocks (especially the large middle left one), which are too low and not prominent enough.

My inspiration is Filipe Oliveira's concave Green Aqua scape as well similar by Green Aqua.
20211228_104846.jpg

Last edited:
Far from an expert myself, but it looks pretty good.
I'd probably try it without the rock in the middle and those two rocks sticking out like that, unless you lean into that a bit more and add maybe a branch that kinda points that way too.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 150
Looks great what you have, I'd echo above poster on the rocks in the middle.

I think you've done well, first off.

Few things to think about:

Height- is the hardscape high enough
Enough wood - will the wood be lost in the plants

That's super critical, as I think you've done a good job. Completely understand the source material as I think its one if their best tanks.

Back